1. Personal information
1.1. What is Personal Information?
(a) Personal information is defined under the Privacy Act 1988 to mean information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably identifiable, from the information or opinion.
(b) Some examples of personal information are your name, residential address, email address, bank details, photos and opinions on your likes and dislikes that can identify you (see paragraph 3.2 below).
2. Sensitive Information
2.1 What is Sensitive Information?
2.2 Collection of Sensitive Information
- possible and we may collect sensitive information from you in order to carry out the services provided to you.
- (b) The type of sensitive information we may collect from you or record about you is dependent on the services provided to you by the club and will be limited to the purpose(s) for which it is collected. For example – application for limited membership may require health information.
- (c) We will not collect sensitive information from you without your consent.
2.3 Consent to collection of certain types of sensitive information
We may collect certain types of sensitive information where you have consented and agreed to the collection of such information.
We will obtain your consent at (or around) the point in time in which we collect the information.
The main type of sensitive information that we may collect (if any) will usually relate to your:
- criminal record (if any – if you are nominating for a Board position);
- special food or dietary requirements due to medical, cultural or religious reasons;
- gambling habits;
- health or medical information,
but only if the sensitive information is necessary for, or incidental to, the purposes of collection set out in paragraph Error! Reference source not found..
3. Collection of your personal information
3.1 We will only collect personal information that is necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. This depends ultimately upon the purpose of collection and we have set out the general purposes of collection at paragraph Error! Reference source not found. below.
3.2 The type of information includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- your contact information such as full name (first and last), e-mail address, current postal address, delivery address (if different to postal address) and phone numbers;
- details relating to your employment (if applicable) or your previous employment,
- your date of birth;
- proof of your identity (including, but not limited to, driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate);
- any sensitive personal information listed in paragraph 2.3;
- if applicable, emergency contact details;
- details required as part of your club membership or visitation, including but not limited to the information required under the members and visitors registers;
- whether you participated in any activity or event organised by the club;
- photographs or video footage taken at our premises, which may include you;
- your opinions, statements and endorsements collected personally or via surveys and questionnaires, including but not limited to your views on the products and services offered by the club; and
- if you are requesting products or services from us or we are purchasing goods or services from you, then any relevant payment or billing information (including but not limited to bank account details, direct debit, credit card details, billing address, repayment information and invoice details).
3.4 When you engage in certain activities, such as entering a contest or promotion, filling out a survey or sending us feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information, which you may withhold or provide at your own discretion. It is optional for you to engage in these activities.
3.5 Depending upon the reason for requiring the information, some of the information we ask you to provide may be identified as mandatory or voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data or any other information we require in order for us to provide our services to you, we may be unable to provide or effectively provide our services to you.
3.6 If you use our website, we may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit our website. A cookie does not identify you personally but may identify your internet service provider or computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
5. The types of organisations to which we may disclose your personal information
5.1 We may disclose your personal information to other organisations. Examples of organisations and/or parties that your personal information may be provided include:
- other Member Clubs;
- Clubs Queensland and its related bodies;
- if applicable, Clubs Australia and Club New Zealand, and member clubs of Clubs Australia and Clubs New Zealand;
- offshore service providers, if any;
- related entities and subsidiaries of the club;
- third parties, such as trade suppliers and club sponsors and
- our contractors and agents, including but not limited to our professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors and auditors or other companies who assist us in providing our products and services to you.
6. Photographs and Closed Circuit Television
7. Direct Marketing
8. Cross Border Disclosure
9. Data quality and security
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for its purpose of collection.
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information (such as your name or address).
10. Access to and correction of your personal information
12. Resolving Privacy Complaints
- Telephone: 07 3376 3666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: PO Box 63 Mt Ommaney Q 4074
Please mark your correspondence to the attention of the club manager.
In order to resolve a complaint, we:
- will liaise with you to identify and define the nature and cause of the complaint;
- may request that you provide the details of the complaint in writing;
- will keep you informed of the likely time within which we will respond to your complaint; and
- will inform you of the legislative basis (if any) of our decision in resolving such complaint
- Date of Effect: 12 March 2014
- Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988